Friday, March 29, 2013

Waffles from GF Pancake MIx

GF Waffles w/ Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Pancake Mix 

1 cup Milk
1 Tblsp Cider Vinegar
3 Eggs, lightly beaten
3 Tblsp Oil
1 3/4 cups GF Pancake Mix
1 tsp Baking Soda

Measure out milk, add vinegar, set aside.
Whisk the eggs.
Whisk all the ingredients together.
Pour some* batter across a heated and generously oiled waffle iron.

Cook as directed by the waffle iron manufacturer.
Actually I have to DOUBLE this recipe, or even triple it on days everyone is home to eat, but a single recipe should be plenty for two.
 

* For my waffle iron, "some" equals one scant cup.


There's a whole lot of Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free mixes in my freezer, procured and put there by someone else. Everyone in the household, immediate and extended, with the sole exception of my own person, can eat things made from them; I want to get them used up to make room for ingredients that everyone, myself included, can enjoy. Since I'm not much good at pancakes but quite good at waffles, this is how I am diminishing the Pancake Mix stockpile - it's almost gone, but others remain. Anyhoo, my family thinks these waffles are fabulous.

Soon I'm going to try replacing the GF Pancake Mix with:
        1-1/2 cups Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour
        1 Tbsp Sugar
        2 tsp Baking Powder
        1/2 tsp Baking Soda
        1/2 tsp Salt
(may require an additional tsp of baking powder, 1 Tblsp total)
Hmm, think I'll actually measure out 1 cup of flour and add the other ingredients to a 3/4 cup measure and fill it rest the rest of the with flour so I end up with 1 3/4 cups in all.
  
   ~
 
Well, I made a triple batch with the GF All Purpose Flour today, my grain eaters said they were terrific (that's literally the word they used), so I guess it works!
  
1 cup Milk
1 Tblsp Cider Vinegar (this time I used lemon juice)
3 Eggs, lightly beaten
3 Tblsp Oil
AND 1 3/4 cups GF Mix as follows:
        1 cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour
        In 3/4 cup measure place:
        1-1/2 cups
        1 Tbsp Sugar
        2 tsp Baking Powder
        1 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
        1/2 tsp Salt
        Fill the remainder of the 3/4 cup measure with additional GF All Purpose Flour for a total of 1 3/4 cups GF Mix.
 
Preceed as above. (After mixing I suggest waiting a couple of minutes to allow the leavening action to settle down.)

No comments:

Post a Comment